This appeal for help comes from Dhaka, capital city of Bangladesh.
The Dhaka Project is a humanitarian community service founded by an Emirates Airline cabin assistant, of Portuguese nationality , two and a half years ago. We
now have 700 children from nursery school to Class 6 levels under our care and attention.
We believe that every child deserves the opportunity to build a full and rewarding life. At The Dhaka Project, we maximise human potential. We try to bring hope to the children of Dhaka, Bangladesh, by providing sustainable skills and dignity needed to
better their lives.
We envision lifetime transformation.
Our mission is to create a safe and nurturing environment so that poor, underprivileged children in Dhaka can be developed to become the best that they can be, and rescued from the miserable depths of abject poverty.
Apart from donations that come from the world over, and especially from the financial generosity of the Emirates Airline Foundation, we also need help from professionally qualified individuals with a range of experience and skills that can change the lives of these marginalised kids.
We need people who have experience and skills in the following areas of specialty:
- English Language teaching for elementary learners .
- Computer teaching geared towards children IT education.
- Extra curricular activities eg. drama, music. sports, dance, any kind of performing art.
- Teaching another language besides English like French, Spanish, German etc.
- Help in putting in place administrative work processes & procedures for the schools.
- Working on improving existing school curriculum.
- Counselling programme for families of children under our care as well as child counselling.
- Health, dental, eye care support from doctors, dentists, ophthalmologists, paediatricians
- Teaching children about the World and Global culture.
- Instilling confidence and a sense of security through child psychology and personality development.
- Environmental awareness program to inculcate into the young a love and caring for the environment in which they live in.
However, any other specialty experience and skills not listed above will still be considered in the context of the developmental needs of the children.
For more background information on The Dhaka Project's activities, as well as insights into what our volunteers say, do visit this website :
Volunteers-of-the-World, come and share your experience and your life with the children of The Dhaka Project. They await you with open hearts and excited anticipation.
Founder,The Dhaka Project