Sunday, October 11, 2009

ABU HANIF'S ENGLISH SCHOOL !

A long time ago a student of The Dhaka Project, Abu Hanif, told me that he had a school of himself in his native village.
I thought his English was not good and that he meant that he went to school over there.Sometimes he repeated his statement and even asked for help.
During Summer holiday I was invited by another student to his native village. It happened to be the same village of Abu.
Still unaware I visited the place.Towards the end of the day we went to Abu Hanif's local area.
What I saw there was exactly like he had told me months before.
Children walked around with a plastic bag, a pencil and some papers. All things were provided by Abu.
On the paper I saw the English alphabet written.
Whenever Abu returns to his village he commits himself to educate the children around his grandparents’ house.
Feedback given by Ferre !

No comments: