Thursday, April 17, 2008

THANKS TO HANIF & ANWAR

Dear Haniff & Anwar,

Words cannot express how grateful I am to you both for sharing your time with me despite the very busy working life that you both lead as Country Manager and Airport Services Manager of Emirates respectively.

The dinner get-together with you was a chance for me to have a pleasant interlude and a pause between one mad rush and another. I really enjoyed the pleasure of being in your company and the quiet peace and camaraderie that evening was memorable too.

As you know, as a foreigner here in Bangladesh, I do face challenges of all sorts. At times, I do feel the stress and the strain and the loneliness of confronting and over-coming such challenges. Spending social time with colleagues like you is certainly a most welcome respite from my harassed world of taking care of hundreds of poor children.

I am privileged to know you both and to feel the comfort of help and support that I can count on from both of you. Thank you for spending time with me and for sending me home to Gawair. I enjoyed listening to your stories and look forward to hearing more of your
life, your hopes and aspiration. Such inspirational stories can be told and re-told to my kids at The Dhaka Project.

Please accept my warmest thanks for all that you both have done for me.

Maria Conceicao.
Founder,The Dhaka Project.

No comments: