Tuesday, July 22, 2008

FIONA'S FEEDBACK

I usually do not post peoples' emails on a Blog - But here is a recent email from a volunteer who has just returned back from 3 weeks at The Dhaka Project.
- Rich


Hi Rich,

Thank you so much for giving us such a fantastic time in Dhaka. Nothing I have ever done really prepared me for what I would experience living in Dhaka and working for The Dhaka Project. I have spent the last week or so in an absolute daze, and still can't really believe it was all real. I'm not really enjoying being back in Melbourne, I just had so much fun hanging out with kids like Sha alam and Rubel who have nothing and yet are so happy, honest and giving, and then I got back here and turned on tv to see women complaining on today tonight that their microwaves are unreliable. I am sponsoring their family now and am excited about seeing them next time I am in Bangladesh. I am seriously reconsidering my new job, and might apply for a volunteer position, or just skip back over to Bangladesh in Feb. Feels a bit weird chatting to friends about it, their eyes kind of glaze over and they say "ah yeh, I always thought about doing some aid work, couldn't deal with the heat though".

Thank you so much for inviting me over, organising such a great job for me to do within the project and for looking after us. It was so great to meet Kate, Georgie and Jenna too, really hoping I can catch up with them all here.

You are really doing some tremendous work over there, and are making a fantastic difference to the lives of brilliant children.

No comments: